Wednesday, October 26, 2011

photos in mason jars - love it, hate it, or meh?

After seeing this pin 50,000 times I gave in and re-pinned it.  It could be an interesting craft project. Maybe.


I was not so crazy about the look of the mason jar, so I went with rounder jar for a more up-to-date look.  The scientist in me was thinking of specimen in jar versus vintage.  Various online directions I found suggested using olive oil  or vegetable oil.  I used what I had on hand - canola oil, some pictures from our last vacation, and clear glass jar.

Craft items assemble!!
 Before I cut the photograph I placed it under the jar to figure out where I wanted to crop it.


I tried an iguana, not crazy about it.


So I tried some seaweed that had washed up on the beach.  I liked this one better.

At the end of the day I would say meh to this craft project.  It ended up on top of the refrigerator.  I think I will try a variation of this where I put rocks in oil inside of laboratory specimen jars and just skip the picture.

1 comment: